Desiccant oxygen absorbers products for food storage
Oxygen Absorbers eliminate oxygen from sealed containers. In the context of Food storage, we would typically be speaking rice, wheat and grains, but Oxygen Absorbers could also be used for legumes, pasta and a number of other products. Pages of information could be written on the details below including Chemical formulas, the physics of air absorption and the properties of rice, wheat etc. It would take an entire book to include all the graphs and charts required to present a comprehensive explanation of amounts, storage times and the properties of both the food to be saved as well as the containers used. With all that I present here a basic primer on Oxygen Absorbers, Their pros and cons. Here are the principles of everything you will need to know about Oxygen Absorbers.
- Absorbers are nontoxic and food secure. Ingredients: calcium and iron.
- 2 500cc absorbers are adequate to get a 5-6 gallon bucket.
- Dense food demands fewer absorbers because there is less atmosphere to eliminate.
- Altitude affects air density. If you live on a mountain. you can use Fewer absorbers than if you live at sea level. Don’t skimp.
- When You open the bag of absorbers, they become active, use them as quickly as possible.
- A 500cc pkt. Will consume 500 cc of oxygen out of a container.
- They are single-use, and can’t be reused.
- When You open the bag, they start desiccant manufacturers in india from the air. They contain enough active ingredients to be open for 30-45 minutes prior to sealing on your containers. So, it is important to get your containers filled and prepared for lids before you start the package.
If you are not using all of the absorbers and want to spare the remainder a Later packaging project, re-seal them in an airtight bag by means of a vacuum sealing machine. It is possible to place the absorbers anywhere in the bucket. I put mine on top so I don’t lose track of which containers I place them in. Following the standard lid is removed to use the contents, a Gamma Lid can Be used to re-seal the bucket against moisture, insects and rodents. A hammer-on lid with gasket will offer an oxygen barrier for a few years of storage. For long term storage, then you can use Mylar lining bags inside your bucket. When heat-sealed they will block oxygen permeation for ages. Absorbers in their original sealed bag have a shelf life of approximately one year. A detailed discussion of storage times, product container and density Properties will need to wait.